Save the date: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11am-12:45 pm EDT (3-4:45 pm UTC)
The Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council in collaboration with Yoga in Daily Life USA and the International Day of Yoga Committee at the United Nations is hosting an on-line summit as part of the UN Water Conference 2023 and in honor of the United Nations decade dedicated to water. All are welcome to join!
"Yoga in Daily Life" World Peace Summit and the message of Mahatma Gandhi were held in Brno in December in 2004 in the memory of His Holiness Dharmsamrat Paramhans Swami Madhavanandaji. More than 2000 participants from Europe and the rest of the world gathered around Mahatma Ghandi's peace message "Be the change you want to see" for similar reasons.
The Asian-Pacific counterpart of Vienna's conference was held in Sydney a year later. The World Peace Forum brought together more than a 1,000 religious leaders, politicians, environmental and humanitarian speakers from Australia and the rest of the world. They gathered in order to communicate practical solutions which can be adopted in everyday life to help to overcome the current peace crisis and release the state of peacefulness in everyday life.
On October 5, 2002 the first International Conference of World Peace and the Message of Mahatma Gandhi took place in Vienna, Austria, initiated by Swamiji as one of his greatest contributions to these efforts. 2,000 participants attended from 40 countries, including ambassadors from 25 countries.
- Peace Prayers
- Peace Tree Planting
- About World Peace Summits
- Summit history
- World Peace Summit Szombathely, Hungary, 2009
- World Peace Summit Wellington, New Zeland, 2008
- World Peace Summit Bratislava, Slovak Republic, 2007
- World Peace Summit Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2006
- World Peace Summit Zagreb, Croatia, 2005
- World Peace Summit Brno, Czech Republic, 2004
- World Peace Forum Sydney, Australia, 2003
- International Conference Vienna, Austria, 2002
- Forums, Conferences, Celebrations